Careers with Exxel Pacific
Current positions available:
As a member of the Exxel TEAM, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of one or more construction projects from pre-construction and project set-up to closeout and delivers projects successfully to completion. Works directly with management team to create the best overall customer service possible. Responsibilities include working closely with company management, overseeing the on-site project team, accountable for the project budget and job cost, subcontractors and subcontracts, and maintaining strong relationships with the Client and other project consultants and team members.
- Capable of being involved in every phase of the project including pre-construction, start-up, and close-out.
- Participate in redline review of construction documents including architectural and structural coordination.
- Request, review and track value engineering.
- Assists with estimate preparation: Send out RFP’s, compile and review sub bids, write and/or review bid summaries, prepare project budget
- Assist with assembly of the Owner Contract and create contract exhibits.
- Review and manage project schedule with project Superintendent.
- Project subcontractor and supplier buy-out based on schedule and/or design priorities.
- Set-up project job cost phase codes, owner billing Schedule of Values (SOV) and related paperwork for computer entry.
- Complete monthly job cost/profitability projections.
- Oversight of the Project Engineers (PE’s) duties including submittal processing, RFI and COR preparation.
- Prepare and/or review Change Order Requests (COR’s) prior to submittal to the Owner.
- Negotiate and write subcontractor change orders.
- Prepare, in conjunction with accounting, monthly applications for payment to the Owner.
- Reviews subcontractor invoices and billings for approval.
- Conduct weekly Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meetings, site staff meetings and Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Sprinkler (MEPF) design and coordination meetings.
- Resolve issues with subcontractors and suppliers not handled in the field.
- Monitor, with Superintendent, project staffing and labor needs during the job progress.
- Assist the project team as needed to achieve timely project closeout and turnover while meeting quality expectations.
- Strong communicator with Exxel management and project team.
- Communicates and works closely with safety and quality control team to ensure full compliance on the job site.
- Must be a proven TEAM PLAYER.
- Degree in Construction Management or affiliated degree such as Architecture or Engineering with 3-5 years of Project Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess strong knowledge base in all divisions of commercial and mixed-use building project components including civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Possess strong knowledge of Owner contracts, subcontracts, billing process, scheduling, and estimating and ability to effectively create and manage these documents.
- Maintains great organizational and management skills, and very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking win-win solutions to daily challenges encountered on the job.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities, monitor results, and provide constructive feedback.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, spread sheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer based scheduling software. Experience with Viewpoint is highly beneficial.
As a member of the Exxel TEAM, the Superintendent is the on-site team leader and is responsible for supervising all on-site activities and completing the work safely, on schedule, within budget, and with the highest quality while maintaining strong working relationships with Owners, consultants and sub-contractors. Responsibilities also include supervising Exxel field employees, efficiently communicating with all team members, monitoring subcontractor’s progress and confirming a high quality work product, and overseeing all day-to-day activities on the job site.
- Keeps project clean and enforces safety at all times.
- Schedules and supervises all labor and materials on the jobsite.
- Coordinates subcontractors and suppliers to ensure work gets done efficiently and makes sure the work meets the highest quality standards.
- Maintains positive relationships with subcontractors and understands each subcontractor’s scope of work.
- Fosters a strong relationship with the client and acts in a professional manner at all times.
- Communicates frequently and efficiently with Project Manager and Executives regarding project status.
- Ensures project is completed within the budget and schedule from start to finish.
- Holds safety and scheduling meetings. Assures accurate minutes are taken.
- Completes Daily Project Reports with detailed information on events that would impact the project.
- Develops, distributes, and updates the project schedule including coordination with the Project Manager and subcontractors to create and maintain a realistic schedule.
- Resolves conflicts arising on the jobsite quickly and thoroughly.
- Ensures all Exxel tools are used properly and kept in good shape.
- May operate heavy equipment.
- Understands all project documentation in order to clarify any questions and communicates any necessary changes to the team.
- Creates a positive team environment within the jobsite.
- Enforces company policies.
- Assures detailed photographic journals are completed.
- Understands job cost codes / content.
- Keeps entire team informed of changed conditions.
- Attends superintendent and safety meetings to keep updated on company policies and progress.
- Consistently aware of suppliers providing materials to subcontractors.
- Assures that the job office plan set and as-built set are up-to-date.
- Confirms there is Exxel supervision on jobsite at all times while work is being performed.
- Manages project closeout including supervising all punch list items.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Superintendent on large scale, commercial, mixed-use and/or multi-family projects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- As an alternate, more than 5 years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent on large scale construction projects.
- Possesses strong knowledge base in all divisions of commercial and mixed-use building project components including civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Possess great organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven the ability to create a supportive team environment.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Bluebeam/PDF, spread sheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer based scheduling software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera P6. Experience with Viewpoint is beneficial.
As a member of the Exxel Pacific TEAM, the Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the on-site project team, working under the Project Manager and Superintendent, in daily administrative management and documentation of the construction project. Responsibilities include reviewing and tracking submittals, requesting supplemental design information, updating design documents, as well as gathering and tracking project costs.
Coordinates closely with Project Manager and Superintendent to accurately manage project documentation on site.
Manages the Request for Information (RFI) process proactively tracking down answers to key design/engineering questions and effectively relaying the information to the field team members and accurately logging the responses and assuring they transferred electronically to the working construction documents.
Managing the project submittal process in accordance with the construction documents and assuring submittal approvals are received in advance of the date required to properly maintain the project schedule.
Work closely with project subcontractors to track and gather costs associated with project changes. Package and communicate costs to Project Manager for incorporation into Owner and Subcontractor change orders.
Spends time in the field conducting photo-documentation, keeping an eye on safety and assessing quality control measures are being followed, and maintaining direct knowledge of the current state of the project activities.
If requested, assist Project Superintendent with project schedule updates.
Reviewing and managing purchase orders.
Assisting interior quality control team members with the project punch lists and close out.
Assembling all project close out paperwork including Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manuals, project warranties, material stock, training, etc.
- Strong communicator, highly detail oriented, self-motivated TEAM player.
- Degree in Construction Management or affiliated degree such as Architecture or Engineering with 1-3 years of Project Engineer experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to fluently read and interpret construction design documents including but not limited to Architectural, Structural and Civil plans and project specifications.
- Possess knowledge base in all divisions of commercial and mixed-use building project components including civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with managing the submittal process and requests for information.
- Maintains very strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven positive and professional attitude with strong customer service skills.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking win-win solutions to daily challenges encountered on the job.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, spread sheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer based scheduling software.
- Experience with Viewpoint is highly beneficial.
Excellence…it’s a commitment we uphold every day. It is the core of our name.
The people at Exxel Pacific have built a reputation for fairness and integrity in our relationships with our clients, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers. We strive to select only those individuals who wholeheartedly share our commitment to quality, safety and integrity.
Our benefits include a competitive 401K matching program, health, dental, and disability insurance, annual reviews, paid time off, training and certification assistance, incentive plan, and most importantly a family atmosphere.
Exxel Pacific is seeking individuals who, above all else, desire joining and being a key member of, an industry leading and dynamic company that is genuinely focused on its family of employees who, through working collaboratively together, create a thriving TEAM oriented culture. We are looking for a broad range of positions. Feel free to apply for other construction positions not listed below.
We are not like most construction companies. Our PEOPLE make us who we are.
The difference may not always be obvious to others. What makes Exxel unique can’t be seen, touched or articulated. Our people have made a commitment to live up to the values that we, as a company, have promised to our clients. Our pledge is to exceed our clients’ expectations in all that we do and, in the process, make the experience more fun & enjoyable.
Exxel Pacific utilizes a mentor based program where you will work as part of the project team, seeing your classroom experience come to life and make major contributions.
During your internship, you’ll gain hands-on experience in all aspects of construction and begin to build the foundation for a potential full time career with Exxel Pacific.
DUTIES AS AN INTERN
- Participate in safety meetings & safety observations
- Obtain valuable experience on actual jobsite or at corporate office
- Document control
- Process & update RFI’s
- Process & review Submittals
- Assist in estimating bid packages, contract writing, sub selection & sub buyout
- Participate in the QA/QC process
- Observe how Owner & Subcontractor meetings are run
- Manage small work scopes with Team
- Learn how to navigate budgets, subcontracts, & bid summaries
- Participate in change order management
WHAT CAN EXXEL OFFER
- Exxel projects are primarily in Western Washington, particularly the Seattle metro area & Bellingham area
- Special opportunities have also been available throughout the western United States
- Entry level Project Engineer positions on commercial ground-up projects
- Flexible career path-PEs can be promoted to PMs or Superintendents
- Ability to work during the school year
- Exxel is expecting opportunities to hire interns for full time jobs after graduation